Sunday, February 15, 2015

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Music to My Eyes


Welcome to the CTMH Technique Blog HOP!

Featuring: Music to My Eyes
Did I say, "to my EYES"?
Yes, I did.
This month we are featuring the technique of journaling.
There are many ways to use journaling pens:
1. to record important information about an event, 
2. using pens to add whimsical designs to your artwork, or
3. using pens to enhance stamped images.

So, hop along with us as you discover 
how to use a journaling pen in your artwork!

If you arrived here from Debi's Blog, you are on the right track!


Traditional journaling is not easy for me! Or, at least not with a pen! My go-to type of journaling is with a catchy title, or using stamps to create the information, or using a computer to print the details.

I think... I over-think it... handwritten journaling! I know recording information is important. It's important to capture the place, time, attitude of the moment! However, recording emotions and feelings is a little more difficult. For my project I chose what comes hard for me....traditional, handwritten journaling! Ugh! This is probably not my best project.... but at least I did stepped out of my comfort zone to do a little hand journaling for such fabulous news! (And this blog technique)







My niece gave me a wonderful Valentine yesterday...she called to tell me she's going to have a BABY! Due in August! Shrill! Dance! So I created a layout to capture the news and add a picture of her! 

Close To My Heart products used:
G1087 -Brushed Paper Workshop On the Go 
and the Brushed Workshop Stamp Set
X7190C -Brushed Complement
Z3017 - Cricut Artfully Sent Cartridge
Z1686 - Cricut Art Philosopy Cartridge
Z1979 - Marvy Uchida LePen Journaling Pen

You can find the product on my Close to My Heart page here.

Thank you for stopping by to see my "Journaling" project! 


For more "Journaling" inspiration  hop over
 to The Inky Scrapper's blog awesome project.


25 comments:

  1. I agree, journaling is hard for me, too. Though, I do like seeing memories/sentiments documented in a person;s own hand, just a bit more nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! This was a difficult project for me! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hand-written journaling does add such a personal touch to your layouts - and your handwriting is soooo beautiful too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job ~ what a special layout! The handwritten note adds so much! I have to be honest I don't like to add handwritten journaling to my designs as I am too hard on myself and over think it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, this was very hard for me! I am too hard on myself too! Why are we so hard on ourselves? :)

      Delete
  4. adorable, bright, and fun layout! I'm glad you decided to capture the news. Something for people to think about doing too! good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I do like the colors in the Brushed pack. They are so fun!

      Delete
  5. Handwritten journaling adds so much to the overall page. I struggle with it, too, but try to add it often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute page. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Your LO is so sweet! I love that baby carriage cut out and your handwritten journaling is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hand journaling! Always so important but often avoided by many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We often avoid the journaling. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you tackled this discomfort, Belinda. I relish pieces of paper that are written on by family members who I never got to know. I feel closer to them, somehow, through their personal handwriting in recipes or notes. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di. I also cherish personal handwriting from long ago. I think handwriting is becoming a thing of the past. Sigh.

      Delete
  10. Belinda, this layout is precious. I try to use my own handwriting whenever possible...even if I don't like my own. :) I hope that one day my grandkids will want to see it and cherish it like I do things from my grandmothers (recipes, etc). Congrats on the new baby coming to your family.

    ReplyDelete