Wednesday, April 15, 2015

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Embossing





Welcome to the CTMH Technique Blog HOP!

Featuring: Embossing
 featured on page 128 of the
 Close to My Idea 2014 Annual Inspirations Idea Book

If you arrived here from Judy Faye's Blog, 
you are on the right track!


Embossing! Oh my! I love the look of embossing but I am not good at it!
Just saying up front that I loved playing with the technique 
but more practice is in order!


For this project I decided to use a new technique for me.
First, I inked one side of the embossing folder with whisper ink.
Next, I embossed the cardstock by running it through my embosser.
Then I inked over the raised up area of the chevron pattern with glacier ink.
(The ink will dry lighter than it appears.)
Then I used a couple of Project My Life cards as the top two layers. 
I love Dr. Seuss and this quote.... which was perfect for my card.
I wrapped the multi-colored layer with our Glacier extra thick twine, added the top layer with pop up tape, and added sequins. BAM! Card done!





Someone shared a tip about wiping the embossing folder with a baby wipe before inking the folder. So,  I did. Well, if you look real close the Whisper ink looks like little dots. I could say I intended it to look that way, but I didn't. That look was achieved because I didn't let the folder dry before inking it. (a little impatient? Yup! :))) I thought it was kind of a cool look so I went with it! I loved playing with the inks on the embossing folder. Of course, I tried different folders with different inks. Time prohibited me from finishing them and showing them here. 

Looking for a new look in embossing...try this one!

You can find the product on my Close to My Heart page here.

Thank you for stopping by to see my "Embossing" project! 


For more "Embossing" inspiration  hop over
 to  see the very creative project at
 Inspired By D's Blog.

8 comments:

  1. I love the effect of the whisper ink ~ If you had not said anything I would have thought that was how it was suppose to be. I love the two color chevrons. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't that fun?! Going to have to give this a try! CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card and thanks for sharing the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card ~ every single bit of it.
    Do you remember which PML you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the look you achieved with the chevrons.

    ReplyDelete